Please note that this is not a crisis counselling service. If there are issues relating to suicidality then please note the contact numbers below. Psychotherapy works best, and is safest, when people are not in a crisis situation. Please note that all numbers below are 24/7.
* Call 000 for an ambulance if harm has already occured
* Call 13 14 65 for the Mental Health Triage Service (South Australia) if high risk of harm
* Call 1800 859 585 for the On The Line Suicide Prevention Service (national) if moderate risk
* Call 1300 659 467 for the On The Line Suicide Call Back Service (national)
* Call 13 11 14 for Lifeline general distress 24/7 counselling or crisis support
Your Storyline is a niche psychotherapy service based in Adelaide, South Australia, specializing in life transition issues and gerontological care. Under the former name of MBH Mobile Counselling Service, it began operation in 2012. It offers quality in-home and on-site counselling, consultancy and training and is available for NDIS consumers.
Felicity Chapman is a sessional lecturer at the University of Adelaide and author of Counselling and Psychotherapy with Older People in Care: A Support Guide through Jessica Kingsley Publishers of London. This debut book offers an innovative model of psychological support for residents of aged care facilities and strongly advocates for older adult wellbeing by critiquing traditional practice and targeting ageism through building senior friendly systems of care.
Felicity also has a special interest in perinatal health and has extensive knowledge and experience in supporting women new to motherhood. Felicity combines her sensitivity, passion and expertise to offer a service that empowers people to improve their wellbeing and partners with professionals to address problems and increase skill.
Your Storyline Counselling Service
Your Storyline Counselling Service delivers affordable in-home or on-site psychological care to people in the east of Adelaide, to select retirement villages and operates at Nada Counselling in Hindmarsh on Thursday afternoons.
Both the mobile and Nada based service offers an affordable gap and residents of select retirement villages are BULK BILLED - all possible because this service is an accredited Medicare provider. And easy pay facilities are available through a mobile eftpos machine which also rebates claims on the spot! Contact Felicity today for more details!
This service is particularly interested in the unique needs of older adults, those with a disability or life limiting illness, carers and the experience of motherhood for contemporary women. It uses evidence based practices such as Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Acceptance and Committment Therapy, and Narrative Therapy. It can assist with the following issues:
- Stress Management
- Life Transitions
- Grief & Loss
- Carer Support
- Pain Management
- Coping with Illness/ Palliative Care
- New Parenthood Support
- Improve Relationships
- Social Integration
- Trauma Management
The benefits of counselling can include: relief, understanding, getting perspective, validation, skills training, clarification, problem solving and personal growth.Your health and wellbeing is important. Don't suffer in silence - get help now! The hardest step is the first one but it will be well worth your effort. Skype consults available at a competitive rate.
Your Storyline Training Service
Felicity's current portfolio includes:
Felicity's current portfolio includes:
* The Counselling Seniors lecture for students of the Graduate Program of Counselling and Psychotherapy at the University of Adelaide.
* Introductory presentations about Psychotherapy with Older Adults to members of the Australian Association of Social Workers South Australian branch and Domiciliary Care employees.
* Workshops on Managing Distress in Older Adults to care workers and allied health staff at aged care facilities and intermediate level short term counselling solutions to employees at SA Health in acute care (hospital and rehabilitation settings).
Your Storyline Supervision & Consultancy ServiceSkype consultation is available for national and international people interested in connecting with Felicity and drawing on her experti
se. She is also available for on-site consultation for interested people in Adelaide. Please send her a message to explore how she might assist.
counselling service in Adelaide